Welcome to Oak Grove High School’s
Award-Winning Band Programs.
The various Band Programs in which your student can participate are:
Color Guard, Marching Band, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, Jazz A, and Jazz B.
We have an active and supportive Booster Organization and invite you to join us. Oak Grove Band Boosters, (OGBB) is a non-profit group organized for the sole purpose of supporting ALL band programs at Oak Grove High School.
OGBB is currently funded through Bingo, Donations, and Fundraising. These monies pay for Most of the additional costs incurred for band/music programs not covered by OGHS District fees.
Bingo and fundraising help fund the following items and events:
- Expanded Music Selections for Symphonic, Wind Ensemble, and Jazz Bands
- Clinics for Symphonic, Wind Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble and Jazz Bands
- Uniform alterations, dry-cleaning and repairs for concert and marching uniforms
- Assistant Instruction– Color Guard, Drum Line and Pit, and Drum Majors
- Miscellaneous supplies for Symphonic, Wind Ensemble, Jazz, and Marching bands
- Transportation of equipment/uniforms – truck rental, fuel, insurance for all competitions
- Music and Field Design program costs for the Color Guard and Marching Band
- Competition fees for Symphonic, Wind, Jazz and Marching Bands
- Supplies for instrument care and repair – percussion carts, tie down straps, equipment covers, replacement wheels, etc
- Supplies for Competitions – first aid etc.
- Supplies for auxiliary units – Color Guard, Percussion, Drum Majors
- Awards and Recognitions
- Scholarships for students
- Food for most away shows and other events throughout the year
We want to make sure that you always know what’s going on in the different Band Programs. To keep you updated, we post the most current information on the Band Booster website. Tell us how we’re doing by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org